McLean County Sheriff
The current McLean County Sheriff is J.R. Kermann of Garrison. He was elected to office in 2014.
The sheriff is responsible for:
- Keeping of law and order in the county
- Serving civil and criminal papers for the court systems
- Operation of the county jail and housing of prisoners
- Attending district court to carry out orders of the judge
- Serves as a member of the county E-911 Advisory Board
- Oversees operations of police contracts with all cities in the county
The Sheriff's Department can be contacted by calling (701) 462-8103. The e-mail address is: email@example.com and the office fax number is (701) 462-3441.