To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our residents' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions


What are the City office hours?

The City of Washburn is open Monday-Thursday 7:00am-4:30pm and Friday 8:00am-12:00pm and is located at 907 Main Avenue.  Emergency service is available (24) hours per day for water and sewer situations.

The city of Washburn's Administrative Offices are closed the following Government Holidays:

  • New Years Day
  • Martin Luther King Day
  • Presidents Day
  • Good Friday
  • Memorial Day
  • Independence Day
  • Labor Day
  • Veterans Day
  • Thanksgiving Day
  • Christmas Day


Do I need a permit for a recreational fire?

Recreational fires are allowed in a ring, enclosed fire pit or container only.

Before you burn check the Burn Ban Map.

Who do I contact to rent a park shelter?

The City of Washburn has three picnic shelters in City Parks that area available for use.  Shelters are on a first come first served basis and are not regulated or reserved through the City Administrative Office.

Overnight camping is allowed in Riverside Park only.  Fire pits area available for use in this area only.

If you are interested in camping in Riverside Park,  please contact the City of Washburn at 701-462-8558 and the Mclean County Sheriffs Office at 701-462-8103.